Monday, May 23, 2011

Headbands galore!

I've been busy making headbands...lots of headbands.  The components are pretty easy to make and don't take a lot of time (Which I don't have a lot of at any given stretch.)  So it's pretty much perfect for me right now.

Using only fabrics I have on hand... I should be able to make a garden the size of Giverny - just ask my husband!!  I have made the following lovely little flowers. 


There are many tutorials on how to make the various flowers.  I let the fabric determine the type of flower to make.  It's a great way to use up some scraps.
Some of these will be in a professional photo shoot for a local hairdresser.  I'll post the photos when I get them. Meanwhile, I'm making many more.  I'm loving this new pass time!

Cotton and silk organza pin
 

Cotton and tafetta pin

Home dec and vintage button headband

Silk

Poly jacard headband

silk and seed bead headband

cotton pin

Upscaled shirt and bead headband

cotton and ribbon pin

silk headband

cotton headband - looks like a carnation in person

tafetta poppy headband

cotton and silk blend pin/headband

cotton and vintage glass button

silk organza headband
Enjoy!

copyright  © salmonalley 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment